Friday, March 25, 2011

15 places to visit by the age of 15

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/03/24/15.places.before.15/index.html?hpt=C2

This information is from Budget Travel. They came up with 15 places every kid should see by age 15.

I saw this link on CNN this morning before I went to work. I debated showing it to my students, but the truth is, with budget cuts, the recession, job cuts, etc.--these travel ideas are great in theory, but they are probably not very feasible for many families. Sadly, that’s not news.

I have been to seven places on the list, and my parents really tried to take my sister and I on various trips around the country.

I compiled a list of the places I have been:

1. The Grand Canyon
2. Monticello, VA
3. Niagra Falls
4. The National Mall
5. Williamsburg, VA
6. Walt Disney World, FL
7. San Diego Zoo

You will have to check out the link if you want to see what else is on the list. :)

*My parents took my sister and I to Washington D.C, Monticello, and Williamsburg., when I was 13. We went during the fourth of July, and it was truly awesome to see fireworks while we sat on the lawn of the National Mall. I remember it was about a two week trip and looking back on it, it must have cost a fortune to stay in hotels for that long. Of course, being a punk teenager, I didn’t fully appreciate the opportunity my parents were presenting me with.

On the other hand, it just makes me realize I need to call my mom and dad to thank them for allowing my sister and me to be able to go to so many cool places!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...