Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Vacation Day .5 (No students)

Ok, so today technically did not count as a day off as I had training for 7 hours on Standards Based Grading. Oh yes, it was as exciting as it sounds.

But, yesterday was my first half day off without students.

After I packed my classroom up and brought all my boxes home, this is what I did:

1. Unloaded my car and organized the boxes in the garage.
2. Walked my dog.
3. Worked out.
4. Bought airline tickets to Las Vegas and booked our hotel.
5. Went to the movies with my husband. (Hangover 2…it was ok.)
6. Went out to eat.
7. Read a book.
8. Complained about being bored and that our home laptop stinks. (I had a brand new school issued laptop all school year. I vowed to complain everyday until I get a new one.)
9. Watched The Voice.
10. Went to bed early.

Seriously. I have no idea what I am going to do with this free time. One of my friends told me I should go back to Michigan and watch her newborn baby so she could sleep. I think she is joking. I know absolutely NOTHING about babies. Plus, they kind of freak me out.

I guess I do work too much during the school year. My nights usually consist of lesson planning, making PowerPoints, grading or answering parent emails.

Tomorrow I have the day off…no training whatsoever. Friday I have a 6 hour GT Update, Monday I have nothing to do and then Tuesday I will start planning and teaching summer school.

Yes, summer school. I will be teaching eighth grade Math to a group of kids who have failed the state standardized test twice. I am pretty excited to meet my kids—especially after working with fifth graders this year. I think it will be an adventure…plus it will give me something to do with all of my free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...