Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dear Baby....things we will never do/always do

Dear Baby,

Your Dad and I had a nice discussion this week. We talked about things we would never want to do (if we could help it) and things we would always want to do (if we could help it.)

We talked about things our parents made sure they did for us and I compiled a list from there.

1. We will go to any Little League Games/Soccer Games/Dance Recitals, etc.
2. We will read a book to you every night before bed.
3. When we tell you goodnight, we will always tell you we love you.
4. We will buy you something (every once in a while) that is not on the sale rack.
5. We will push you in school. (Sorry, we are both teachers!)
6. We will not give up on you even when you are a crazy, emo teenager. (Maybe you won't be crazy or emo, but even so, we will still love you.)
7. We will make sure you know that you are beautiful/handsome.
8. We will eat dinner together around the same table.

Obviously, you aren't here yet. I don't know if all of these things will be possible all the time because I have never been a parent before. I know I will try my darndest to make these things happen.

We have waited for you for a long time and we are so excited to meet you! We can't wait to see the lovely person you become.

Love,

Your Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...