Monday, March 24, 2014

It's time for this Mama to get in shape

During spring break I decided it was time.

Time to lose the baby weight.

Granted she's 17 months old.

So I thought back to the last time I was skinny. How did I do it? What kind of exercise did I do? How did I eat?

Well, 5 years ago I lived in Austin. I had a membership at Gold's Gym. I actually started taking a spinning class. It was great exercise. I even convinced my sister to join--we got skinny together. We spun 4 days a week--Saturdays we would always go out for a huge carb laiden breakfast after class.

Aside from the carbs, I was also a Weight Watchers member. I lost 30 pounds in a summer.

So, after seeing my reflection in a window at a children's museum during spring break, I decided it was time to do something for myself.

I found a gym close by. They have spinning classes during the week. They also have childcare. (She has been once and really liked it...she could throw rocks outside...what's not to like?)

This morning I set my alarm for 4:45. I went to the gym and got an hour spin class in. It's been almost  two solid weeks. I am to the point I can ride and my butt is almost used to the uncomfortable seat.

I will get there.

I have to. My favorite pair of jeans split this evening. It wasn't from eating sugar-free jell-o.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...