Saturday, September 17, 2016

Training out of town: What is a mom to do?

This weekend I had the opportunity to go to Tyler, Texas and attend Project Lead the Way Launch Training. I have a lot of good to say about the training, but this also has meant that I have had some time to myself. Granted I am in training all day until 5:00, but the night is still young when I am done. 

As a mom of a three and a half month old, and an almost four year old--with an assistant principal husband that works the schedule of two people (because his counterpart had a(nother) baby)--time to myself has been non-existent. Moms, I know you understand. I can't even pee without an interruption. 

So what is a mom to do with no babies and no real responsibilities for three nights? Well, the first night I went to the mall, and I shopped for about two hours. I did get myself some new clothes and I didn't eat dinner until 9:00--which was crazy and very un-mom-like. 

The next night I went shopping yet again, I had to buy some presents for the girls. I bought a movie ticket and saw Bridget Jone's Baby. (I highly recommend. Super cute and funny, but did make me miss my little ones.) I can't tell you the last time I saw a "Chick Flick." 

Tonight, I went shopping again. (I may have a problem.) I needed some new eyeliner, and then I headed back to the hotel and am watching Michigan State Football and writing this blog. These are all things I have not been able to do, since who knows when. I may or may not watch my last episode of Parenthood--which I started when the baby was born. 

I have a new job. I have a new baby. I am adjusting to some new responsibilities at home and at work and these last few days have been kinda nice. I am not looking forward to the five hour drive home, but I am looking forward to seeing my little babies and my hubby. 

I wish I had something more exciting to say and if you have read to the end of this blog of mine, I thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...