Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lesson Planning..YEP, already.

Yes, I made it back from my training. I think I went about 60 miles out of my way, but I was determined not to get lost. I took the long way around and took I-20 to 35. I only made about 3 panicked phone calls to my husband to make sure I was on the right track, but around 11 pm on Friday night, I made it home.

I was so happy to see my dog, Chauncey and to sleep in my own bed.

Project Lead the Way’s (PLTW) training is extremely intense as we pack in a whole years worth of material in two weeks. I was out of my comfort zone the whole time. Engineering/computer programming is nowhere near to my forte.

Yet at the same time, it was the coolest training I have ever been to. I learned so much! I am by no means an expert, but, I should be at least a half a step ahead of my students. Truly, I am so excited to get into my classroom!

Today I actually started planning an outline of the school year. I just hate not having something to do, and as I grabbed my bag and opened up my laptop, my husband knew exactly what was on my mind. Yes, lesson plans.

I know, I know. But, if you had just gone to the training you would want to work on your lesson plans too. Right?

I also really want to get a PLTW polo shirt. I got one from the training (for free) but it is a men’s large.

The free one--it is not the most attractive shirt, and I was trying to find a women’s cut polo shirt. But not any polo shirt, I want that wicking material. I can’t find it. Really, I can’t find any polo shirts from PLTW online. I will keep looking.

When I get something stuck in my mind, I can’t stop thinking about it until I have it. Therefore, I really need that polo shirt.

One last thing, I am freaking exhausted. I am hoping that I am simply suffering from brain overload and lack of sleepitis.

Anyway, it is good to be home. I have two more weeks of summer and then I get to put my new knowledge to use.

But, I really do want to go back for the advanced training next summer…and I want that polo shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...