Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I did it (well almost)!


My time in Tyler is coming to an end.

The first night I thought I would not be able to make it. I called my husband as I was in tears. Thankfully, he talked me down off the ledge. Truly, my job depends on this training. Without it I can’t teach in the fall.

Then, I started learning a computer design program, and doing/creating other things that a Language Arts/Social Studies/Science person would never do. I was way out of my comfort zone. I would go to class from 8-5 and then I would do homework for about 4-5 hours a night. Even my most challenging classes in college paled in comparison to the brain workout I have received these last two weeks.

Tonight, I finished my major project--the playground design. It’s not perfect but it looks pretty darn good in my opinion. I did get a bit of direction, but I would say it’s 80% mine.

Tomorrow, I become a computer programmer. Today was the introduction and it was actually pretty easy to follow. (Hopefully my optimism doesn’t come back around to bite me in the badonkadonk.)

I also made two new friends. Since there are only three girls in our class, we have started eating lunch and dinner together. It is actually pretty nice especially since I hate going to restaurants alone.

Things have really turned around. I have learned a ton and I can't wait to start school.

But, I am ready to go home. Now, I just hope I can find my way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...