Saturday, October 29, 2011

Welcome November!

Dear November,

You are one of my favorite months. Many of my favorite people have birthdays in November.

November means the end of football season. My husband has three more games this week. One Monday (his 7th grade teams), one Tuesday (the 8th grade boys at his school) and then the last one is on Friday night with the varsity football team. I will be so glad to have him home again on Friday and Saturdays!

November starts the holiday season—I love to decorate my house for the holidays. I am one of those people who puts their Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving. I figure it is ok because we have a lot of company coming to town for Thanksgiving, and some of whom we will not see on Christmas, so we will celebrate early.

November also brings cooler temperatures and low humidity to Texas. I love wearing sweaters and bundling up. I also like to be able to straighten my hair and not have it frizz as soon as I step outside. I don’t miss the snow, but I am a Michigan girl at heart, and the cooler weather reminds me a teeny bit of life in the Mitten.

So, November you can stay awhile. I am happy to see you. (Even if I am a few days early, in my heart you are already here!)

Sincerely,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...