Friday, December 2, 2011

Semester Long Classes..TYJOW (Thank you Jesus! Or Whomever!)

Dear whomever decided it was a good idea to have semester long classes,

Thank you. I am very excited to get 3 new classes at semester.  I have a few students that I am kinda done with. I hope that my new kids will give me a few weeks of good behavior before I have to break out the big guns.

I wish you could do something about the subject matter that I teach. The title of the class is Interactive Media/Game Design, and the kids think they should just be able to play games all day.  In fact, when I told them they were going to write a research paper they almost revolted.  Sadly, that was only the second week of my class.

I am very glad to have a new group of kids, as this semester was a learning period for me, too. Not only was the subject matter new, I had to manage behaviors that I had never seen before. Now, I know what is, and is not allowed when it comes to the kinds of things middle schoolers will try to pull--especially, when they have access to a computer. 

I also like that our finals start on Wednesday--that means I only have 7 more instruction days with this group of Interactive Media kids...(when they start complaining I remind them, only X many more days.)

Please, only put good kids in my next semester of classes.

Thanks,

Me.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...