Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where have the nine years gone? Happy Anniversary to my hubby across the miles...

June 28, 2003…Nine years ago, I was 21 years old. It was a dreary day in Michigan, and it was our wedding day.

Today, is our 9 year wedding anniversary. Sadly, I am almost 300 miles away from my hubby. I know it is just a day, and I will be home this weekend, but it is not the same.

This is actually the second anniversary I have missed for my job. (This is for people who thought teachers had so much time off in the summer…yep, teachers still work in the summer!) This year I have training in Tyler, Texas.

One of my favorite pictures from our wedding day.
In 2006, I missed our three year anniversary as I was here in Texas. I was working summer school and trying to find a teaching job.  My husband was preparing our house to sell and was planning on coming to Texas at the beginning of August.

In 2003, when, we got married we were living in Michigan. I was working almost 60 hours a week for Enterprise Rent-a-Car, and my husband was working for a promotional company that has since gone out of business. I actually picked June 28th because, one, I wanted a summer wedding and, two, I had such a limited amount of time off from work, that I needed every day I could get. The 28th would allow us to get an “extra” day off for the 4th of July.

We went on a honeymoon to Hawaii. It was awesome! My parents gave us a hotel room at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Oahu. We drove about 2 and half hours the night of our wedding to get to the airport in Grand Rapids…because it was cheaper to fly out of Grand Rapids. We got about 3 hours of sleep before our plane took off.

If you would have told me nine years ago that I would be living in Texas, that both my husband and I would be teachers, and I would be pregnant with our first child—I would have told you, you were crazy.

It is amazing how life changes in nine years.

Even though I can’t be with my hubby today, I am one of the happiest girls in the world.

I am so blessed.

I am so thankful for my wonderful, amazing, smart, funny husband. There is not a day that goes by that he doesn’t make me laugh out loud. I am so proud of him—and I can’t wait to see what the next year holds in store for us, and then the next 60+ years after that.

I guess the best way to end this blog post is….To be continued. I know the best is yet to come!
Of course, I didn't think that bite was as big as it was. He still gives me a hard time about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...