Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hearing the Heartbeat with the "rents"

Countdown: 5 weeks, 3 days til Baby Campbell arrives.

Today, I had a doctor’s appointment. My hubby had gone with me to almost every appointment, thus far. I had to reschedule this appointment since I thought I had a meeting yesterday, and because Mr. Campbell and I work at the same school, he was able to cover the last 15 minutes of my class, so I could make my appointment.

I decided to ask my parents if they wanted to come with me. Since, they are retired and my dad has finished most of his projects around their house, they didn’t have anything going.

During my pregnancy, I have been very fortunate, my blood pressure has been good, the baby’s heartbeat has been strong, I don’t have gestational diabetes, etc, etc—so I figure it is safe to have them come along.

We get called back and the nurse came in. We made our usual chit-chat, and then she got out the Doppler to get the heartbeat.

This is what my parents were the most excited about.

Her heartbeat was nice and strong at 130 BPM. When the nurse walked out of the room, both of my parents thanked me for having them come along. They had tears in their eyes. They thought it was so cool to be there.

Afterwards, we went to lunch and they thanked me again and told me how excited they are. Obviously, this is their first grandchild. But, it really made me happy to see them and hear how thrilled they are to meet Kedzie Emmalyn Campbell.

Too bad, Jon and I made them wait over 9 years to be grandparents.

On the other hand, I have a feeling this baby will be worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...