Tuesday, January 1, 2013
13 Things I am excited for in 2013
I knew good things were going to happen in 2012—so I decided to come up with a list of 13 things I am looking forward to in 2013.
1. The birth of my first niece. (Can’t wait to meet her!) She is scheduled to arrive sometime the end of February to the middle of March. Baby V is currently breech—which is why she has a three week window of arrival.
2. Watching my daughter grow. At only 10 weeks, she amazes me every day. I absolutely love being a mom!
3. Losing baby weight. I had been on Weight Watchers about three years ago. It works. I lost over 20 pounds then. And with Weight Watchers new PointsPlus plan, fruits are zero points. I used to not eat bananas because they were 2-3 points...and now, I can and I don't have to count them.
4. Twitter. I have not used twitter in the past, but as of yesterday I am kind of obsessed. My twitter handle is @kteachcampbell. You should follow me. J
5. New Project Lead the Way Curriculum. I was selected to pilot a new Gateways to Technology program called Medical Detectives—the kids get to do some CSI stuff and learn about different body systems. This takes me back to my days of teaching 7th grade science and I am so excited!
6. Job possibilities for my hubby. As of December 2012, He has his Masters Degree in Administration--so in the near future he will be an Assistant Principal. I just know it!
7. Our ten year wedding anniversary. Yes, we have been married ten years this June. We are planning a trip with just the two of us—maybe a cruise? I want to go somewhere with sun and sand…outside of Texas.
8. Crockpot Recipes. My mom got me a new Crockpot Cookbook for Christmas and I am excited to try a bunch of new recipes. I hope to use the crockpot for at least one meal a week.
9. Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I have been doing her workout program for almost a month now. I haven’t been following her diet, but I notice every time I do one of her workouts; it is getting easier and easier.
10. Summer. This summer I don’t have any major training planned (yet), so I hope to be able to enjoy each and every day with my little family.
11. Seeing family and friends we haven’t seen in awhile. With the arrival of our new baby girl, there are some folks who are coming to visit us this year—some of them we haven’t seen since we moved to Texas seven years ago.
12. Recruiting a new group of kids for my classes next year. I am looking forward to being at the same school another year and I hope to grow my Gateways to Technology program more.
13. Since I have to go back to work in two days, I want to do the best job I possibly can. In 2013, I have to learn to balance being a mom, wife, friend, teacher, and a fit person.
2013 should be a great year. I have a lot to look forward to! Follow me on twitter, @kteachcampbell, and I will keep you posted with all my little and big successes. #ExpectAmazing in 2013!