Saturday, March 23, 2013

My happy shopper: Don't YOU touch my baby

As I took my five month old to HEB (our Texas grocery store), I was stunned at the number of people who stopped us as we were shopping.

Mind you, Kedzie is a VERY happy girl. She smiles at everyone, sings and just seems to be loving life. I don’t know if this will end, but her personality (right now) is simply precious.  
An older couple told me they would be happy to babysit her.
Another lady told me she saw her and was seriously contemplating having another baby--because our daughter was so cute. Her youngest is now two and a half. (I got half of her life story.)
There were a few others, everyone wanted to touch her feet.
I always have socks on her, I am kinda freaked out about bare feet in public…maybe it’s the old, “no shirt, no shoes, no service thing. I am sure it doesn’t apply to babies, but I would hate to get kicked out of somewhere. I guess I would have gone into “mama bear” mode if they would have tried to get any closer.  
Maybe I need to look meaner? Teacher looks for anyone who approaches?
What is it about babies that make people talk to you? And why do they want to touch her feet?  So weird.
Will it end? When?
And why didn’t any of my “mama” friends give me a heads up on this?
That would have been helpful.
I guess I will take the compliments and run.
But, I will NOT let a strange, old, couple babysit her. No matter how desperate I get.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel... thats why I invested in a Baby K'Tan and wore Jax everywhere I went for the first several months. People aren't as curious when they are strapped in your personal space. WTF is up with people? I think we should all just randomly stalk and touch people.... then they may learn.

    ReplyDelete

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...