Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Changes at the "W"-Missing my old friends during testing week

This week was STAAR testing--Texas's version of standardized testing.

Lucky for me--I did not have to proctor a test, but I had hallway duty. It was a little crazy and my knees are reminding me of how old I really am.

I was responsible for the 7th grade hallway. Every time a teacher had a question, had to use the restroom, or needed to turn in their tests, they put their "I need a break" sign on their door. I had a counterpart, but, she was pulled both days to read a test to a late arrival.

Anyway, my time in the hallway/as a reliever made me a little sad.

I went into classrooms of some of my old friends who have moved on to bigger and better places.

I miss their pink, their futons, their motivational posters, pictures of their adorable puppies, etc. I miss their smiling faces and their team meetings.

I went into my old science classroom (I have moved to a computer lab in the 6th grade hallway) and it made me think of my old kids who I taught as 7th graders. They are now 11th graders. But, I could see them dissecting their frogs, complaining about their test scores, asking me questions to get off topic.

I looked around my old room to see if there was anything of mine still there.

Nope. It was all gone. Even the dilapidated bookshelf had found a new home.

I know change is a good thing, but sometimes it can make you feel lonely.

I think it might be time for a happy hour with my old peeps from the "W."






1 comment:

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...