Thursday, April 11, 2013

Twitter for PD/Collaboration: #wmsplc


Ok, I am giving myself ten minutes to write this.

I presented to my PLC today. Since I am an elective teacher, I have the luxury of not having to worry too much about data and testing. So, our PLC is a little more exciting than the core teachers. (Or so I think.) In our PLC each week, a different teacher selects an article to share out to our group.

This week, I chose an article entitled, “Using Twitter for Professional Development.”


I was a little nervous because I am relatively new to Twitter. I started really using it at SWSWedu, and now I am trying to get as much out of it as I can.

So, I “moderated” a #wmsplc chat this morning. I had my questions prepared ahead of time.

We have a variety of ages of teachers from different subject areas: art, music, and technology in our PLC.

Most people in our group were also new to Twitter, and having them set up an account proved to be a bit of a challenge.

But, we were able to get there.

We “live chatted” from the same classroom.

We talked and shared some ideas face to face, too.

Many were taken out of their comfort zone.

Some sat back, as I figured they would. They didn’t have a smart phone/tablet and Twitter is not really their thing.

That is ok, too.

I think it got some people thinking.

Even the gentleman who works across the hall from me--he asked me a few hours later if “I got any new tweets?”

My ten minutes are up. It is time for me to go pick up my daughter.

Hope you learned something new today. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...