Saturday, October 5, 2013

How time flies....pictures for a one year old

I had put a request out to my friends on Facebook about a month ago, looking for a photographer to take pictures for our almost one year old.

I had gotten a recommendation from one friend, and after that three or four more people recommended her. I e-mailed her and she had a date available before Kedzie's birthday. She was actually running a discount because she had some new ideas from Pinterest. It was a sign--I was sure of it.

Since Kedzie has been born we had gotten her pictures from Walmart and Sears. We had always wanted those super cute and fancy pictures (You know the ones where the baby is camouflaged like a green bean or wrapped so tightly in a papoose?) but we are totally too cheap to buy them.

But, the discount was too good to pass up. And, she'll only turn one--once.

To prepare for today, last weekend I went to HEB to order some helium balloons and a little smash cake. The pictures were scheduled to begin at 9:30am, so I knew I would be in a bit of a time crunch. The balloon lady was really hesitant to promise that the balloons would be ready by 8:30. She went on and on about how busy they were--but her manager overheard and told me that she personally would see that the order was completed in time.

This morning I hurried to get ready and headed to HEB. The balloons were at the counter all ready to go. Then, when I went to the bakery the lady told me that they were late taking the smash cake out of the freezer and it wasn't ready yet. She told me it would be ready to go in about ten minutes. Ugh. So, I wandered around the store until it was ready.

As I was leaving HEB, I heard a train in the distance. I was hoping it was really far away....sadly it was not and it turned into the world's longest train. Six minutes later, I was finally on my way back home.

Luckily, hubby was at home and he was able to feed Kedzie a nice big breakfast.

When I got home, I changed her into her first outfit for her pictures. Some cute jeans and a sparkly shirt--as soon as I sat her up, she spit up all over her shirt. Nice.

Could anything else go wrong? Did I mention that the baby decided it would be a good idea to wake up at 1:49 in the morning the night/morning of the pictures? Hubby went in to comfort her and ended up taking her downstairs to the recliner. After an hour, I could her signs of Daddy frustration, so I headed downstairs to help. A bottle, a diaper change and two books later--I finally got her back to sleep.

We pulled up to the photographers house with several bags in tow. I was nervous--until the camera came out. From then on, things went wonderfully. Kedzie smiled for every picture and through four outfit changes. She even kept the headbands on her head!

If you are looking for a photographer in the Kyle/Buda, Texas area, I highly recommend 'Our Lovin Lens.' Amber is awesome. She shares her props, even has outfits/headbands if you need them. She is great with kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...