Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I think I would smile a lot less

It was a year ago today that the hubby and I went to the doctor for what we thought was a "normal" doctors appointment, only to be told that the doctor was concerned that our Kedzie was not growing properly and we had to be induced.

Thankfully, she is totally fine.

So, as it has been one year (give or take a technical day), I can say being a mom has changed my life.

I didn't know how fast babies grow.

I didn't know how much I would love this little girl.

I didn't know how fun it is to be a mom.

I didn't know how much I would love to see her smile and even better--laugh. (Man, I will do some of the craziest things, if I can get a laugh.)

At one year, our girl:

Has 4 teeth

Can walk

Can crawl super fast (it seriously is another level)

Loves her Labrador Retriever, Chauncey

Smiles all the time (especially for the camera)

Loves carbohydrates

Is into everything (I can tell where she has gone, because she leaves a path of destruction in her wake)

Sleeps on her belly with her butt up in the air

Hates getting her diaper changed

Loves bathtime and water in general


We think she is pretty amazing.

And, I know for a fact without her in our life--we would be so bored.

I know I would smile a lot less.

Happy (early) Birthday, Kedzie Emmalyn.



No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...