Tuesday, November 10, 2015

5 things I don't miss about being out of the classroom

I have officially been in my new job for three months. Today, I spent most of the morning working in a classroom with a teacher. (So exciting, because usually I get to work with adults.) She is having her students use two apps for presenting Sock Puppets and Toontastic. I was there to help get them set up. We also were trying to figure out ways for them to save without posting to the YouTube Channel. 

Anyway, the whole point of this blog is to write about 5 things I don't miss about being out of the classroom. 

1. Lesson Plans--Our district has a common lesson plan template that looks to be very labor intensive. I don't miss having to do lesson plans, especially when I had three preps. 

2. I don't miss calling parents. I always loved calling parents about a discipline issue and then they turn it around and blame me for their child acting up. Super. Fun. 

3. Dealing with Classroom Management--no matter how fun and engaging I tried to make my class, I hated when I had to discipline a kid for something. Maybe he pushed his buddy, maybe he took someone's phone...whatever the issue, I never liked having to be the adult and step in...or write referrals. Writing referrals is horrible because of number 2....calling parents. 

4. Eating lunch in 10 minutes. Yes, I know teachers are supposed to get a 30 minute duty free lunch, but this doesn't happen. 

5. Holding "it." With my new job I have the luxury of going to the bathroom anytime I want. It is amazing. 

So, those are my top 5 things I don't miss in being out of the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...