Monday, May 16, 2016

How Pregnancy #2 is WAY different than Pregnancy #1

As of today, I am almost 38 weeks pregnant with my second child.

I am three and a half years older, 34 (about to turn 35 in July) and let me tell you, this pregnancy is WAY different than my first.

I don't have hypertension, gestational diabetes or any of the other random pregnancy illnesses. But, I will tell you that pregnancy number two is so different from number one.

I am NOT nice to my husband. I feel terrible saying that and even worse putting it in writing. He gets the brunt of my complaining and general groans.

My co-workers think that I am a complete angel...but I tell them I am just nice at work.

This weekend I spent Sunday cleaning out our garage looking for random baby stuff. There are things I can't find, which with the first--everything was brand new--so it was stored in a closet. I can't tell you how many YouTube videos I watched yesterday as I had the bright idea of taking apart the carseat to wash everything. I hope I put all the straps back in the right places...

We must have one million baby outfits in size 0-3 months. Seriously, I have never seen so many onesies and pajamas. They have more than multiplied in three and a half years. Obviously, baby number two will grow out of them before she has a chance to wear them all. I think I have been doing laundry for a month. And then, where to put it all? With baby number one, I had a spare bedroom that could hold totes and baby stuff. Baby number two, your stuff has been in the garage. I washed it, so hopefully all the spider eggs are gone. No joke.

We have been blessed with diapers and really thoughtful gifts from our coworkers. This is also a crazy difference between pregnancies--my last job--there were about 25 people who were pregnant at the same time. Now, I work in an office with adults who were smart and had their children in their 20's--so my pregnancy takes them back to the 00's when they were having children.
This is just a sample of the diapers we got from my husband's work. In all, we got over 1,000 diapers! We are so thankful!

Lastly, I will say that one thing that I love is how excited "big sister" is for baby number two. (Granted, it may be short lived.) She wants to help more than ever and I know that she will be a great diaper runner/spit up wiper.

I am excited and anxious to meet baby number two. It should be any day now!




No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...