Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Break in Review

Whew! The holiday break flew by--as it always does, but it really was an awesome vacation.

I am sitting on my couch and the Christmas tree is staring back at me. I am debating--should I take it down or not? I know, it has been up since the middle of November, but I hate to see it go.

I think it is one of the nicest trees we have put up in years. I convinced the Mr. that we needed a new tree this year.

Our old Christmas was six feet tall. I bought it at Wal-Mart for 30 bucks. I went to pull it out of the box this year and only 100 of the 300 lights would work. After five years and three moves, I think I got my money's worth!

Anyway, we traveled to Garden Ridge--the mecca of Christmas decor, and found a nice seven and a half foot tall tree (pre-lit). I knew I had to have it!

I kept the old tree and put it in the dining room, I bought a string of lights to put on the old tree so it didn't look super ghetto.

Druing the two weeks off, I got to see a lot of friends and family members I hadn't seen in months/years.

We ate way too much and put way too many miles on our car going back and forth from Austin and San Antonio--but it was worth it.

My sister and I went to help my parents pick out different optiions for their new house. They will be moving to Texas in June and it will be so nice not to have to say goodbye to them--and not know when we will see them again.

We went to Fado's, Waterloo, Austin Java, Highbowl for trivia (it really was fun ;), Third Base, the Alamo Drafthouse (twice), and the LBJ Presidential Museum.

We celebrated New Years Eve with a fondue party at my sister's house. The white chocolate fondue was my favorite!

Today, we dropped my parents off at the airport and now I really am going to take the tree down. I hope I don't break any ornaments.

I am kinda ready to go back to work. 46 days til' Spring Break. Yep, the countdown continues.













No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...