Sunday, June 10, 2012

Baby Campbell...Reveal yourself!

Tomorrow is the big day. It is the day of our 20 week ultrasound/gender scan. We have been counting down the hours. We are so excited and just want to know—pink or blue? Honestly, since it is our first, I don’t care if it is a boy or girl. I really just want them to be healthy.  (I know--that is what everyone says, but seriously….just a healthy baby!)

I woke up this morning and thought for sure it was Monday. But, no, it was only Sunday. Darn it. I couldn’t even go back to sleep.

Last week, the doctor’s office called and had to change the appointment from 9am to 1:30pm. Since we are on summer vacation, and really don’t have anything pressing—we could change the time. I just didn’t want to.

 Ok, I guess you can make us wait a whole four and a half hours later.

Today, I was chatting with my sister. She began to question me.

 “What if they can’t tell if it s a boy or girl? What if Baby Campbell is shy?” (OMG. Seriously…this hadn’t really crossed my mind.)  I tried to come up with some bull s&*t answer about how technology is pretty reliable these days and most technicians know what they are doing.

But, now she has me freaking out.

Today, I bought some orange juice. I read somewhere that would make the baby be a little more active.

They just need one good shot, right?

Then, I was also thinking about how we don’t actually see the doctor tomorrow. She is out of town for a wedding. We have to go back the next day to see the doctor. What if the technician gets a clear shot of the “goods” but, the technician can’t tell us if the baby is a boy or girl…what if only the doctor can tell us? Then we have to wait a whole additional day?

UGH. I think I am starting to go a little crazy. Can I blame this on the pregnancy hormones?

Please, Baby Campbell, reveal yourself. Tomorrow. On time. And please let the technician be able to tell us if we can buy some pink or blue stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...