Sunday, October 28, 2012

1st night out without the baby

Last night my sister volunteered to watch Kedzie for us.

She told us she would earlier this week, so it gave us something to look forward to. Man, we are lucky to have family close by! I know I have several friends, who have NO ONE around to watch their babies and parents really do need a little time together.

Our outing consisted of a trip to Costco (to purchase stuff for the baby and I convinced the hubby I needed the new Taylor Swift CD. I know, I know. So, he handed it to me and wished me a Merry Christmas.)

This was the pic that started the baby conversation. Ah, well.
Next, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings. It is no Cafe Spoonz, but it was a "Daddy request," and before I start my diet, I figured I should get some onion rings and wings in. We watched some football and laughed at some of the people there who were cheering a bit too loudly.

I tried to make a conscious decision not to talk about the baby, but it was too hard. As we were sitting at the table, I showed Jon a picture that I had taken of Kedzie that morning, and then I proceeded to look at probably 50 or more pics that we had taken in the last week.

It is funny how your life changes so quickly. We have been married so long with just the two of us, and now we are a family of three (plus Chauncey).

I love it.

Now, if you will excuse me--I need to listen to my Taylor Swift CD and drink my coffee before Kedzie wakes up.

1 comment:

  1. "It was no Cafe Spoonz." You are so precious -- can't believe you are sleep deprived and still funny. You also have a mama of teenagers who would happily come over for a snuggle while y'all go to dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...