Sunday, November 4, 2012

Socks! (Can you ever have enough--especially for your baby)

Socks are kind of a funny thing in my family.

I am one of those people that wears socks to bed. I used to wear these really high socks that covered my calves. In fact, when we got married and at our reception--when hubby went to pull off my garter, I made sure I had a pair of my high socks on.

One Christmas, my grandparents (my dad's parents) bought everyone socks. They have five kids; so their kids, their spouses, and all the grand kids--"we ALL got socks." That is a running joke/common phrase whenever the family gets together.

Ever since our daughter has been born, I have felt like I did not have enough socks for her. Her feet always feel cold, so I like to keep socks on her feet. (Plus I can't bear to take her out without something on her feet.) I received a pack of socks from one of our friends as a gift and then we got a  few random pairs here and there.

But, she was wearing the same pair of socks in a pretty frequent rotation.

I think my mom realized that Kedzie needed more socks because she bought me another huge pack of socks this weekend. And, maybe she said something to her sister because my Aunt also gave us a bunch of socks this weekend?

So, now Kedzie should be good on socks. I think she has more pairs than I do.

Plus, her socks are all super cute. Nice neon colors, lots of pink, cute little animals on them--you get the picture.

But, there is one thing that I noticed...the socks go into the washer in pairs (as they come off her feet) and then somewhere, somehow, they seem to disappear. She has several pairs that are missing their "brother."

I wonder if I will ever find them?

Or when I do, will they still fit her feet?
A little crying fit...but note the socks. They have little rabbits on them. So sweet!






No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...