Saturday, May 11, 2013

First Mother's Day with my almost 7 month old

It's my first official Mother's Day Weekend. 

I say weekend because today my sister and I took my Mom out for pedicures. Then we had lunch and did a little shopping. It was a wonderful day. 

But, I missed my girl. 

She is the whole reason why I get to celebrate my first mother's day. 

I can't believe she will be 7 months old this week. 

I imagine every mother feels this way, but I just think she is the most amazing little person in the world. 

She has brought me so much joy in the last 7 months. 

Her little smile absolutely melts my heart. 

And those times when I can get her to laugh, not just chuckle--but a gut busting laugh--that is the greatest moment. 

I know there will be days when she hates me. There will be days when I will really dislike her, but right now, she is my whole world. 

She makes me so happy. 

I am so blessed to be her mother. 

Happy Mother's Day to all my mama friends. I hope your family treats you right. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

When you are recently divorced, the firsts are no fun...

One of my good friends gave me this advice, "When you are divorced, the first's suck." First birthday not as a family, fir...